Last Updated: August 15, 2023
To ease review, you may click on each section heading below to link to the full disclosure.
1 Table of Contents
- Who We Are
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Why We Collect Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- California Residents’ Rights
- Visitors from Outside the United States
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security and Retention
- Contact Us
- when you are otherwise using or interacting with a service or engaging with an event provided by us (collectively the “Service(s)”).
- Any Sites or Services that post separate privacy policies or privacy notices.
- Personal Information we collect on behalf of our Clients (as described below).
- Information that is de-identified, aggregated, or anonymous (“Anonymized Data”).
3 Who We Are
We are a leading business solutions provider to consumer goods manufacturers and retailers (our “Clients”), providing a customizable suite of technology-enabled sales and marketing solutions designed to help our Clients across a broad range of channels drive demand, increase sales, and achieve operating efficiencies. As such, we primarily provide business-to-business services and do not generally provide services directly to consumers.
4 Personal Information We Collect
As used herein, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household, in particular information belonging to the categories set out in Section 4.1 below. Personal Information does not include publicly available lawfully obtained information, deidentified, or aggregated information or, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. If the laws of the state where you reside provide for a different definition of personal information, that definition applies.:
4.1 Categories of Personal Information we Collect:
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information through the Site and Services
- Identifying Information
- Your contact information, such as your first and last name, phone number, email address, and postal address, and that of others you provide to us (e.g., other contacts in your business).
- Registration information you provide when you create an online account, such as your username and password.
- Sensitive Personal Information and other Protected Characteristics
- Registration information you provide when you create an online account, such as your username and password.
- Biographical or demographic information, such as your date of birth, age, gender.
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information
- Usage, technical and device information when you visit our Sites or open emails we send, including browser or device information, unique device identifier, URL that referred you to our Site or Services, and IP address.
- Activity information about your use of our Sites and Services, such as your preferences and how often you use the Site or Services.
- Commercial Information
- Information about Services you have purchased or considered purchasing from us.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal and olfactory information
- Video or audio recordings when you provide a recorded testimonial or review.
- Geolocation Information
- We may collect your location information derived from this information or from beacon technologies (as described below), where permitted by law to do so.
- Professional and Employment Related Information
- Certain biographic information such as employer and job title/position.
- Inferences drawn from any type of personal information used for profiling
5 How We Collect Your Information
We may obtain Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
5.1 Directly from You
We collect Personal Information you provide to us when you request or purchase Services or information from us, create or register for an account or otherwise save your information on our Site, sign up for our mailing, SMS/text and/or email marketing lists, participate in a survey, contact us, or otherwise interact with our Site and Services.
5.2 Your Use of the Site and Services
We and our service providers may collect information using analytics tools when you use our Sites and Services, that store or collect information about your interactions with our Sites and Services.
5.3 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
5.4 Third Party Sources
We may obtain Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as vendors who help us update or supplement information previously collected about you or to validate postal or email addresses; our affiliates and subsidiaries; lead generation partners; and other trusted promotional and joint marketing partners.
6 Why We Collect Your Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Provide you with requested Services;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Sites, Services and operations, including tailoring the Sites and Services to your preferences;
- Establish and verify the identity of visitors to our Sites or users of our Services;
- Open, maintain and administer accounts you open through our Sites or Services;
- Send you email or SMS/text marketing messages, where you have signed up to receive them;
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments, complaints, or other communications you send to us;
- Communicate with you about our Sites and Services, including important updates to Sites and Services;
- Provide you with information about new opportunities, and related communications;
- Ensure our compliance with relevant legal and regulatory obligations;
- Maintain the security and integrity of our systems, Sites and Services; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
7 Access to and Sharing of Your Information
This section outlines how we may disclose and/or grant access to your Personal Information.
7.1 Advantage Employees and Affiliates
We limit the access to your Personal Information to those to those Advantage employees who need to access such information to carry out their assigned job responsibilities. Subject to applicable law, we may share your Personal Information with our Affiliates to the extent reasonably necessary to accomplish specified lawful objectives. With our affiliates we mean companies that are subsidiaries, joint ventures, or are otherwise controlled by or under common control with us (“Affiliates”).
7.2 Access to Personal Information by Third Parties
In addition, we may disclose and/or grant access to your Personal Information:
- When you Direct us to Disclose Your Personal Information or Interact with Third Parties
- When you request that we share your Personal Information with other companies so they can send you information, offers and/or promotions about their products and services, or when you interact with third parties through our Sites or Services, such as social media sites. Please note we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies and practices before requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them;
- Service Providers and Contractors
- When we use third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf, such as hosting and analytics providers, consulting services, auditors, and other providers; however, these companies are prohibited from using your Personal Information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law;
- Advertising and Analytics Providers
- As many other businesses we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties that track your online activities over time and across third party websites by using, among other things, Tracking Technologies, to serve you targeted advertising. We also use Google Analytics and other analytics services providers to gain a better understanding of the utilization of our Sites and Services and the interests of our visitors or the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Some of our uses of such services where we disclose your Personal Information to such advertising and analytics providers may be considered a ‘sale’ or ‘sharing’ of Personal Information under California Privacy Laws (as such term is defined below), even if we do not receive any financial compensation from such third parties in exchange;
- Business Transfers
- In connection with the sale of one of our businesses or its assets or other events where a change in the control over Advantage or any of its Affiliates takes place or is contemplated, such a merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process;
- To Protect Advantage and Comply with Legal Obligations
8 Your Rights and Choices
8.1 Unsubscribe from Receiving Further Marketing Communications
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters or other marketing or promotional messages, notifications or updates from us, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in those communications, or by contacting us at [email protected] to opt-out of marketing emails. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices.
8.2 Cookie Preferences
8.3 Right to Access, Correct and Delete of Personal Information
Individuals in certain jurisdictions may have certain rights under applicable privacy laws. Rights specific to California and Nevada residents are described below. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to, modification or correction of, or deletion of your Personal Information, and information on how it has been used or disclosed. For example, if you are a resident of Canada, you may be able to request access to and/or correction of your Personal Information.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us at [email protected] or using the contact information specified in conjunction with the information about state-specific privacy rights. We will respond as soon as practicable, and, in any event, within the time periods prescribed by applicable law. In order to protect the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal information or to comply with legal requirements we will take steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your request.
9 California Residents’ Rights
This section applies only to California residents, as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended, among others, by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), collectively, hereafter, the “California Privacy Laws”).
9.1 California Privacy Law Disclosures
- We collected the following categories of Personal Information in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information; biographical/demographic information (such as age and gender); commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; professional or employment-related information; geolocation data (in some cases); audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; and inferences drawn from the above. Unless otherwise disclosed to you, we have not collected your Sensitive Personal Information.
- The sources of Personal Information we collected are outlined in the How We Collect Your Information section above.
- The business or commercial purposes of collecting Personal Information are outlined in the Why We Collect Your Information section above.
- We disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information; biographical/demographic information (such as age and gender); commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; professional or employment-related information; and inferences drawn from the above. We disclose these categories only as described in the Access to and Sharing of Your Information section above.
- We do not “sell” or “share” Personal Information of known minors under 16 years of age.
9.2 Your Rights Under the California Privacy Laws
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request, up to two times each year, the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Information about you that we collect, use, disclose and sell/share, as applicable, and subject to applicable legal exceptions.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we collect from you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we hold on you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt Out of the “Sale” and/or “Sharing” of Personal Information. You have the right to opt out of the “sale” and/or “sharing” of your Personal Information to “third parties,” as those terms are defined in the California Privacy Laws.
- Right to Non-discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your rights under California Privacy Laws.
9.3 How to Exercise Your California Rights
You can submit a request to exercise your rights under the California Privacy Laws above through our PRIVACY PORTAL (click the link to access) or by calling us, toll free, at 1-888-651-2032.
We are required to verify your request before we can give you access to, allow for the correction of, or delete your Personal Information. We will verify your identity by matching information you provide with your request with information in our systems; and, for requests submitted through our Privacy Portal, by requiring you to respond to an automated email to verify your email address to ensure that you have continuing access to the email account you used in conjunction with your privacy request.
In general, we will ask you to provide the following information in connection with your request: first and last name, email address, state and country of residence, and the nature of your relationship with Advantage and information likely only know to you based on your transactional history with us. We may also request additional documentation or information solely for the purpose of verifying your identity. If we are unable to verify your request with the requisite degree of certainty, we are legally prohibited from acting on your request. We will acknowledge your request within ten days after receiving it and, if we are able to verify your request, we will respond to your request within 45 days. If we need more time to complete your request, we will inform you about the reason and our estimate as to the additional time needed to complete your request.
You may also authorize someone else to exercise these rights on your behalf. When a third party submits a request on your behalf, they must indicate in our Privacy Portal or on the phone that they are an authorized agent, and supply us with evidence of such authorization; we will not fulfill any request submitted by a third party related to your Personal Information until we have received confirmation that you authorized such third party to submit a request on your behalf.
Please note that your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions and exclusions, and your requests may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject any part of your request and the reason(s) we are unable to honor it.
Data retention. Please see the Data Security and Retention below for information about the factors we consider to determine retention periods of your personal information.
We will continue to update our business practices as direct regulatory guidance becomes available.
9.4 Nevada Residents
10 Visitors from Outside the United States
11 Children’s Privacy
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. Our Sites are general audience websites and applications and are not designed or intended to attract or be used by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or request Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you are not permitted to use this Site and should not send us any information about yourself. In the event we become aware we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child under the age of 16 provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may contact us at [email protected].
12 Data Security and Retention
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect and secure your Personal Information. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable; and no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warranty the security of any Personal Information you provide to or from our Site or through our Services.
14 Contact Us
Attn.: Privacy Officer
15310 Barranca Parkway, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618