Grocery product manufacturers are becoming more proficient in their e-commerce capabilities — especially sales and retail relationships, content and media, though supply chain issues remain a challenge — and most foresee e-commerce share growth as they invest strategically and focus on performance and results, according to a survey of consumer packaged goods manufacturers by Advantage Solutions.
The survey of 37 CPG manufacturers found:
- Seven in 10 manufacturers say e-commerce analytics capabilities are underdeveloped or still emerging; three-fourths same about their train or upskill e-commerce talent.
- More than 80% of retailers are increasing their investments in retail media on-site search and display ads in the next year
- Nearly half are funding their retail media investments through shopper marketing budgets
- More than four in 10 are testing or piloting direct-to-consumer programs in the next 12 months.
- About eight in 10 say optimizing retail media investments and digital shelf content are among their top strategies for driving e-commerce market share in the next six months.